The way we go about our days has certainly changed over the past couple months, but that doesn’t need to keep us from staying active. Big group gatherings have been cancelled, but we can all keep moving together…..at a distance.
In that spirit, team members all across the U.S. Engineering family of companies recently participated in a virtual 5K. On May 2, they and their families walked, ran or biked at least 3.1 miles, documenting their journey by app. Many completed the activity on behalf of a charity.
Thank you to all U.S. Engineering team members across the country who joined us! Read on for results and photos.
- 51 certificates of completion distributed
- More than 51 participants when including family members
- 24 people donated to 20 charities
- Clay Daniels was the first to submit and had the fastest recorded time
- Best nicknames (participants were asked for their racing nickname on the completion form)
- Speedy Reedy (Ryan Reed)
- Turtlespeed (Desiree Sharp)
- The Gnarly Narwhal (Monte Holman)
- Best scenic photo
- Cutest photos
- Use of homemade racing bibs:
- American Heart Association – Go Red for Women
- Denver Dumb Friends League Animal Shelter
- Have a Heart
- Head for the Cure
- Heartstrings Foundation
- House of Hope
- Kansas 4-H Foundation
- Lawrence Humane Society
- Nehemiah’s Restoration
- Nikki Mitchell Foundation, Inc.
- Royals Charities
- She’s The First
- St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Sunflower CASA Project
- Urban League of Greater Kansas City
- Warrior Rising
- Wellington Food Pantry