U.S. Engineering provided the mechanical services for the award-winning Todd Bolender Center for Dance and Creativity in Kansas City, MO.
The Todd Bolender Center for Dance and Creativity, home to the Kansas City Ballet, opened in August 2011 and has since been honored with many awards and accolades from the AEC community. An adaptive reuse of a waning historic building, the project required complex design and construction techniques. The end result is an architecturally stunning building with innovative design elements.
Collaboration amongst the design and construction team led to creative strategies that blended elements of the historic structure with sustainable design features. This successful approach to adaptive reuse is a true example of sustainability by repurposing existing building components into a beautifully-balanced, modern facility.
U.S. Engineering was proud to be the mechanical contractor on this award-winning project.
- 2013 Architizer A+ Award Finalist
- 2013 National AIA Institute Honor Award for Interior Architecture
- 2013 Preserve Missouri Award, Missouri Preservation
- 2012 AIA Kansas Honor Award
- 2012 National Preservation Honor Award, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- 2012 AIA Kansas City Honor Award
- 2012 Project of the Year, International Concrete Restoration Institute
- 2012 Sustainability Award, International Concrete Restoration Institute
- 2012 Best Renovation/Restoration Project, Award of Merit, ENR Midwest Best Projects
- 2012 Historic Renovation, KC Magazine Design Excellence Awards
- 2012 Capstone Award, Architectural Design, Kansas City Business Journal
- 2012 Cornerstone Award, Arts, Economic Development Corporation of Kansas City
- 2011 Excellence Award for Adaptive Reuse, Historic Kansas City Foundation
- 2011 Preservation Award, AIA Kansas City
- 2011 Project of the Year, International Concrete Repair Institute – Great Plains Chapter
- 2011 Historic Restoration, International Concrete Repair Institute – Great Plains Chapter