Federal Correctional Institution
United States Federal Government
Johnson Controls, Inc.
FCI Englewood is a low security federal correctional institution with an adjacent minimum security satellite camp and detention center, established in 1930. U.S. Engineering focused on energy-efficient mechanical solutions to meet the requirements established for the Energy Conservation Measurements (ECM’s) of the project. For safety purposes, the project team constantly worked around the prisoners and daily check-ins and check-outs of all tools and participated in a 16-hour awareness class.
- 65 – ton chiller
- (2) 12.5-ton condensers and coils
- replacement of a 30 – ton rooftop unit
- (4) steam dryers
- (4) gas dryers
- (1) steam boiler for kitchen
- (1) domestic hot water boiler
- replacement of 177 control valves
- (5) boilers for solar water heating